Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lyme Treatment Day 2: Vertigo

This is the most debilitating symptom I have.  Sometimes it's not being able to walk a straight line or even in the general direction of my choosing.  Today, I'm having trouble keeping my head upright.  It feels like I'm slowly crashing into the earth.  The first bout of nausea hit just after I finished the am blog. 

I was typing.  And then I was on my hands and knees on the hard floor holding on to the chair in my office.  And you know, there is this cushion here.  A back cushion that no one uses, but it sits on this side chair in my office.  I don't know why I got it out of storage months ago.  It's really uncomfortable to actually sit on.  The children throw it on the floor.  I bend over and pick it up.  I had decided to put it in the give away pile more than once. 

But it happened to be on the floor, right next to where my knees had hit.  I couldn't lift my head to find it, but I felt it and put it under my knees.  And for the 20 or so minutes that I couldn't move out of grim determination to not vomit and waste those pills, I knew.  I knew in that moment, that this small object was there because He knew I would need it. 

Survey:  When did you know God was taking care of you?

4 comments:

  1. Lori, What an incredible feeling to know that He is not only present, but thinking in advance for you. He knows you! he sees your need in advance, and provides it before you even realize you are in need. Which is better? Not having LD, or having LD yet experiencing God in a very real way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the tongue in cheek... I have stopped asking these questions. It's not about better or worse anymore, but I suppose it used to be. I probably wouldn't have stopped to talk to Him if I hadn't stopped all my plans after college. I think it is always better to know God, LD aside. The world hasn't quite got the hang of unconditional love, yet. So, I am grateful for my life altering experience. I am grateful for my friend, and I was very grateful for the cushion.

    ReplyDelete